We want bread, but roses too



Bread and roses is a film that shows discrimination and inequality that migrants experience, especially in a country like United States, but the another hand the film shows that we can all fight against those who appropriate our work. With union and organization we can have the bread and the roses too.

The characters of Maya and Rosa seem very human to me. But my favorite is Maya, for her strength to fight for everyone.

One thing I didn’t like about the movie is a relationship between Maya and Sam, because I think it was not necessary for the movie.

My favorite scene was when the janitor’s enter the building to protest, because I think that transmits the strength they had to be united, and this is the action that allows them to win. In this protest nobody was affraid, but everybody was prepared to fight for the bread, for the roses, and for all beatiful things that had been denied them. 

This history of repeats until today with the worker of our country, who are exploited in precarious jobs. That is necessary remember that togheter we can win. 




Comments

  1. I’m team Rosa and you are right the relationship between maya and sam is unnecessary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that scene too, it was so powerful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts